Monday 15 July 2013

Gobi Pakora/Cauliflower Fritters

Working out an extra hour I won't mind if I get to eat such fried goodies. Pakoras are available in varieties. Out of the plenty one of my favourites is Gobi pakora. I always wonder why it is so that I get tempted to fried goodies, but I felt that it will be quite obvious when I saw my small 2 year old kid asking for more these fritters. It is a mountain climbing task for me to make my kid eat sometimes and she would spit if she doesn't like, but was real amazed to see the way she gobbled up the pakoras. Infact I had a tough time to stop her from eating after 2-3 pieces. Here I share my way of preparing Gobi pakoras.


Ingredients:
Cauliflower florets-20-25
Gram flour/Besan- 1 1/2 cups
Rice flour-2 tbsp.
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Carrom seeds/Ajwain-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds/Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Chat masala-1 tsp
Water as required
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry

Recipe:
Marinate the cleaned cauliflower florets with salt and pepper powder, that way even the florets gets salt when pakora is prepared else the floret within will not have enough salt and spices once pakora is prepared.
In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients except water, oil and cauliflower, pepper powder.
Now add water little by little till you get a batter of desired consistency, pakora batter should neither be too runny nor too thick.
Heat oil in a pan.
Once done add cauliflower florets to the batter and mix it well in the batter.
Drop the coated florets one by one to hot oil and fry it till golden brown and crisp on a medium flame.
Remove them off to kitchen towel to take away the excess oil.
Serve hot with ketchup.

 
 

 Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment