Monday 26 August 2013

Butter Sweet Corn with pepper and lime

This preparation yesterday made me feel nostalgic. It is a very famous snack. I still remember eating them when I was doing my BE. Engineering was fun in total with many bunch of friends. The hostel days I still remember which were filled with so much of fun. We (I meant me and my 2 friends) were residing in the top floor of the hostel. And that way we were not safe. Always we hostellers on top floor were eyed or targeted. We almost saw 3-4 wardens being changed as we were there for 4 years. We enjoyed our stay together with night outs for some crucial assignments, some semester exams and much more than that was we enjoyed preparing maggi with Iron box. We took around half an hour to 45-mins to get the maggi done properly. We managed preparing it late in the night when we were very much sure that warden has already slept. We used to pay frequent visit to college canteen in our breaks. And when we were done with college hours we used to sit back with few friends and talk for a while if we had no worries of submitting an assignment the very next day or any exams were scheduled for. Sometime we used to take a stroll outside and before going back to the hostel and we used to enjoy hot summers with milkshakes, juices, cornettos, candy or even an icecream. That way we used to enjoy our time before going to hostel where we were not having much freedom. I do agree that we are in hostels to learn discipline but somehow we used to feel it like a prison as we had to go through study hours and so on. But we sailed throughout the 4 years without much worries and pain as we friends were there for each other to support when we were in most need of it.
When season was around we used to buy the butter corn with either lime flavor or pepper or plain as it is and enjoy. It was 'Kakunje' brand if I remember it right which used to sell the small paper cups full of steaming hot butter corn kernels with desired flavor. We used to enjoy almost everyday when it was in season. Even after my marriage when I was placed in Bangalore without fail I would expect my better half to help me get a cup full of butter corn with pepper or lime when we were outside.
Now here I missed having them from long 1 and half year. But to my surprise I saw recently fresh corn cobs being sold in supermarket. I was so very happy and I had already listed delicacies in my mind as what all I need to try. Let me not blabber and bore you, I take you straight to my recipe:


Ingredients:
Fresh corn kernels-1 cup
Butter-1'' cube
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Lime juice-1 tsp
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. Add 1-2 cups of water to pressure cooker and place the tin in which the corn kernels are kept. and cook for 2-3 whistles without adding any water to corn kernels.
  2. Once cooked and pressure releases remove them off and let them cool little.
  3. In a pan heat butter and add cooked sweet corn kernels to it before it melts fully. Mix well and cook on a very small flame till all butter is melted.
  4. To that sprinkle the pepper powder, salt.
  5. Mix well. If desired add a tsp. of lime juice to it and give a good mix.
  6. Butter corn with pepper and lime is ready to serve.





 
Want to have a spoon?


 Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Cutchi Kitchen, Gujarati zaika, Paris page




Only pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment