Thursday 21 November 2013

Malpua

A month passed and today is 21st  again and here I'm with one of the challenges decided in SFC(Sweet Fantasy Club) for November 2013. I love the authentic Indian desserts for sure, I infact have no dislike towards any. Today's challenge for this month with regard to Indian sweets is Malpua. It is made in different ways with varied ingredients and my hands on Malpua this Diwali was a successful one with my kids and Mr. S eating one after the other that hardly I had time to arrange a plate and click few photos. I prepared mini malpuas and I even got a chance to offer them to my Kid's day care where all small cute kids enjoyed this with Rabdi. I got a lovely feedback from a German lady who looks after my kid along with others at day care. I was super excited when I heard such great feedback from her.Another great news is that on Nov 5th 2013, this year my space had 1 lakh pageviews. I wanted to celebrate the occasion with this delicious Indian Sweet.
I was so very happy. Malpua is a north Indian sweet which usually is accompanied by Rabdi. It is common during festivals or any functions. So here I share today Malpua.



 
Recipe adapted from : Malpua
Makes 15 malpuas

Ingredients:

Fine semolina-1 cup
All purpose flour-1/2 cup
Condensed milk-300-340ml
Fennel seeds/Saunf-1 tsp.
Baking powder- a pinch
Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
Water-2 cups
Cardamom-2-3 pods crushed
Slivered Almonds- 1-2 tbsp. to garnish
Salt to taste(pinch)
Oil - few tbsps. to shallow fry

Recipe:
  1. In a bowl add fine semolina, all purpose flour, baking powder, fennel seeds and salt to taste.Mix these dry ingredients well.Prepare the sugar syrup by adding sugar, crushed cardamom pods and water in a deep bottom pan. Bring it to a boil and simmer for a while till the syrup reaches a consistency that is sticky enough to coat the malpuas.
  2. Add condensed milk little by little to prepare a batter of medium thickness that falls without any break when dropped from a ladle. Do not add any water to prepare the batter.
  3. The consistency should be as shown.
  4. Pour a ladel full of the batter on a pan with hot oil. Do not spread the batter. The batter spreads by itself.
  5. Let it cook on one side till it is golden in color.
  6. Flip and cook the other side as well. You would see the malpuas puffing. If they didn't puff also needn't bother as that will not bring much difference in taste.
  7. Now squeeze out the excess oil in it and drop it to the sugar syrup.
  8. Let it soak for 2 minutes and then remove it off the syrup and place it on a plate.
  9. Continue this till you are fully done with the batter. Enjoy them with Rabdi. Rabdi recipe I have shared already in my space.









 
 
 
As I prepared Malpuas this Diwali, I wish to share a picture of lighted small diya here. Wish all readers a blessed year ahead.
 
 

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Only Diwali Treats hosted by Nivedhanam and owned by Foodelicious

Only Diwali treats

No comments:

Post a Comment