Sunday 31 August 2014

Green gram and potatoes gravy/ Chilkewali moong aur aloo ki sabji

Just I paused as I started scribbling here, just to have a look how I came till here, a flashback, went through each recipe, each post till date and I am bewildered to note that I came a long way through. 2 months back I lost all my pictures related to blog posts I had, got erased from the system as it crashed, Had I kept a back up, I would not have faced this. Saddest part was that I could get back all other pictures except for those that were stored in meant for my blog. With the hustle to get settled in a new house I just forgot what all I stored and had meant to be posted. It was painful as I had so many pictures and now with my job I find it more difficult to cope up with blogging. Dear blogger friends, these days I don't even get time to log in to my mailbox, hence no time to do blog hopping nor blogging, hope I will get back once for all like before. Unlike before you may not see many posts often, but I cannot leave blogging. I just cannot because this is where I found peace and life. And many thanks to my lovely readers out there. Though the pace of blogging for sure has reduced, no regrets do I have, as I can do this whenever I want, no deadlines like any other job. So today I am here after 2 months. A long gap indeed when I look back, as I see days when I used to have one post per day. Today I have a simple green gram and potatoes gravy that goes well with rotis/ parathas. It can be prepared easily with all ingredients that are readily available. It is a great combination with rice too. This is how I prepared.




Ingredients:
Green gram-1 cup
Potatoes-3 Medium
Tomatoes-3
Onion finely chopped-2 big
Green chillies chopped-4-5
Turmeric powder-½ tsp.
Red chilly powder-1 tsp.
Lemon juice-½ tsp.
Jaggery powder-¾ tsp.
Oil-2 tbsp.
Cumin seeds-1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Water-3-4 cups

Recipe:
Pressure cook washed green gram and potatoes for 3 whistles with around 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Once the pressure is released peel the potatoes and mash with hand. Keep aside.
In a pan add oil, once heated add cumin seeds, let them splatter, followed by that add onions, green chillies and saute.
Once cooked add turmeric powder, chilly powder and saute.
Followed by that add tomatoes and saute well till well cooked. Add salt just enough to taste keeping in mind that while pressure cooking salt was added.
Once cooked add the cooked green gram and  mashed potatoes to it and mix well.
Mix well and allow it to cook for a while adding jaggery powder and around 1 cup of water to it depending on how much consistency you desire.Check for salt and simmer. Serve hot with chapathis/rotis or rice.








Notes:
Avoid jaggery if not desired.


Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment